Facing Race conference participants gathered just days after the conclusion of the most contentious election season in decades. Both major parties exposed their deep splinters, Trumpism became the new normal and many politicians were forced to deal with issues that communities of color raised to national prominence. In Facing Race’s closing plenary on November 12, racial justice leaders speak to the challenges of governance before us, and how the movement can position itself to make the most of the next four years.
These are the activists and thought leaders featured in “Where Do We Go From Here?” listed in alphabetical order:
- Kara Denise Brewer Boyd, director, American Indian Farmers
- Marisa Franco, director and co-founder, Mijente
- Glenn Harris, president, Center for Social Inclusion
- Pramila Jayapal, U.S. congresswoman-elect for Washington’s 7th Congressional district; founder, OneAmerica; co-director, We Belong Together campaign
- Van Jones, author and co-founder, Rebuild the Dream
- Linda Sarsour, advocacy and divic engagement coordinator, National Network for Arab American Communities
- Rinku Sen, president, Race Forward
Watch the closing plenary via the livestream below at 3:30 p.m. ET.