In his introductory letter for this year’s “100 Most Influential People” list, which debuted online today (April 19) and hits shelves tommorrow (April 20), Time magazine editor-in-chief Edward Felsenthal writes that the list features a record number of women.
“While we remain much too far from gender parity in global leadership, there are more women than ever on this year’s Time 100—proof that there are ways of changing the world beyond traditional power structures,” he wrote of the 45 women spotlighted in the issue. Time specifically recognized three women of color—Tarana Burke, Jennifer Lopez and Tiffany Haddish—with their own covers.
— TIME (@TIME) April 19, 2018
Here are just a few of the honorees, with links to their feature profiles:
- #MeToo founder Tarana Burke, written by actress Gabrielle Union
- Comedian and actress Tiffany Haddish, written by fellow actor and comedian Kevin Hart
- Rapper Cardi B, written by actress Taraji P. Henson
- Filmmaker Ryan Coogler, written by filmmaker Ava DuVernay
- Olympian snowboarder Chloe Kim, written by restaurateur David Chang
- “Insecure” creator and star Issa Rae, written by “The Mindy Project” creator and star Mindy Kaling
Check out the full list over at Time.com.