The Songwriters Hall of Fame (SHOF) named a chart-topping MC and several Black singers, producers and composers in a list of nominees for its 2019 class.
The Associated Press reported yesterday (November 7) that six of the 24 nominated individuals and duos will be inducted at the SHOF’s 50th Annual Induction and Awards Gala on June 13, 2019. Here are the Black artists that eligible members can vote on until December 17, with some of their biggest hits:
- Rapper and producer Missy Elliott, who could be the first female MC inducted:
- R&B and pop singer Mariah Carey
- Reggae singer Jimmy Cliff
- Rock n’ roll and R&B singer Lloyd Price
- Hip hop and R&B songwriter Dallas Austin