Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- 71 migrants, including four children, suffocated to death on a truck in Austria.
- Up to 200 migrants may be dead after attempting to cross the Mediterranean.
- Tropical storm Erica turns deadly.
- Consumer spending is up for July, amid weakened inflation.
- Facebook sees one billion users in one day; that’s one in seven people on the planet.
- Whitesplaining idiot Miley Cyrus will host the VMA Music Awards.
- Massachusetts confirms its first case of West Nile this year.
- A new study indicates that we probably shouldn’t trust studies all that much.