On Monday (June 25), the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce named nine artists of color among the 32 people and groups to receive Hollywood Walk of Fame stars in 2019.
“The Committee always tries to select a group of talented honorees that appeal in various genres of the entertainment world,” Walk of Fame Selection Committee chairman Vin Di Bona said in the chamber’s announcement.
The 2019 honorees of color include:
- Latinx hip hop group Cypress Hill
- Mexican director and writer Guillermo del Toro
- African-American stand-up comedian and actor Cedric the Entertainer
- Kenyan-Mexican actress Lupita Nyong’o
- African-American actor Terrence Howard
- Chinese-American actress and director Lucy Liu
- African-American filmmaker and actor Tyler Perry
- African-American songwriter Teddy Riley
- Late African-American R&B singer Jackie Wilson