On February 3, Variety shared its second 10 Latinxs to Watch list, in “celebration of promising talent in the Latinx community.” Curated in partnership with the Miami Film Festival, the new class includes artists in music and film.
This year’s honorees are:
- Actor Melissa Barrera (“Vida”)
- Actor Angel Bismark Curiel (“Pose”)
- Actor Julissa Calderon (“Gentefied”)
- Cinematographer Carolina Costa (“Hala”)
- Singer and dancer Chesca
- Actor Mariana Di Girolamo (“Ema”)
- Director Gonzalo Maza (“This is Cristina”)
- Writer Cesar Mazariegos (“High & Mighty”)
- Actor Camila Mendes (“Riverdale”)
- Music producer Tainy (Bad Bunny’s “X 100pre”)
“Even a quick look at the lineup of this year’s 10 Latinxs to Watch proves the point that industry pros already know: Latinx talent is enlivening and enriching global entertainment from theater to music to film and television,” Steven Gaydos, executive vice president of content at Variety, said in the article.
The honorees will be featured in Variety’s March 3 issue and honored at the Miami Film Festival on March 14.