Here’s what I’m reading about this morning:
- More than 120 objects are spotted in the search for flight MH370.
- North Korea fires two medium-range ballistic missiles.
- Two secret service agents are dismissed for drinking.
- The Washington mud slide death toll is at 16, and it’s unclear how many are still missing.
- For February, US-made durable goods orders are up 2.2 percent, although core capital goods orders fall 1.3 percent.
- Like father, like sons: Murdoch promotes his kids at News Corp and 21st Century Fox.
- Geordi La Forge, anyone? Facebook acquires virtual reality hardware maker Oculus for $2 billion.
- Lollapalooza reveals its 2014 line-up at Grant Park, which includes Nas, Outcast, Chance the Rapper, and Rich Homie Quan.
- Lakers guard Nick Young wins 103-94 against the Orlando Magic, only to find about $100,000 worth of goods stolen from his home.
- Hep C drug Sovaldi eliminates the disease in most people–but a round of treatment costs $84,000, or about $1,000 a pill, in the US.
- Spanish researchers develop a vacuum chamber that simulates conditions on Mars.