Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- In the largest non-news Hillary Clinton is officially running for the Democratic Party’s nomination for president.
- Mario Rubio’s next.
- Meet Tulsa’s Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, the 73-year-old white police officer who reportedly mistook his gun for his Taser when he shot and killed a black man named Eric Harris. The video was released this weekend.
- On the eve of the one-year anniversary of Boko Haram’s abduction of 276 schoolgirls in Chibok, Nigeria, a new UN report finds that some 800,000 children are on the run to flee violence.
- The holdup on Loretta Lynch’s confirmation as attorney general has stalled work in the Department of Justice.
- The drought’s not just about California. It’s affecting the entire West–the Rio Grande included.
- Günter Grass, 1927-2015.