Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Chicago taxpayers will pay out $5.5 million in reparations for victims of police torture.
- Tornados strike the Southern Plains.
- Brits head to the polls.
- Although jobless claims are up just a bit this week, the four-week average hits a 15-year low.
- Google will invest $150 million to diversify its workforce.
- McDonald’s revamps its petty thief mascot, the Hamburglar.
- Lionel Messi, ftw.
- It’s seriously allergy season in the Northeast. And no, honey won’t help.
- This is awful: carbon dioxide in our atmosphere reaches a steady 400 parts per million.