Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- One year after they were kidnapped by Boko Haram in Nigeria, more than 200 schoolgirls are still missing.
- Four former Blackwater mercenaries are sentenced for killing 14 civilians in Iraq in 2007.
- A cargo worker falls asleep in the cargo area of an Alaska Airlines flight, forcing an emergency landing.
- Retail sales gain for the first time in four months–but are still lower than expected.
- In an extortion story that’s apparently not from The Onion, multiple police departments in Maine pay bitcoin ransoms in order to retrieve their electronic files.
- Dennis Quaid may or may not be acting in this NSFW video from a set:
- A simple breath test might provide early detection for stomach cancer.