Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Bloomberg’s terminals black out for hours, bringing global finance to a halt; Bloomberg claims it was an internal issue and not a cyberattack.
- OMG. Wikileaks posts searchable Sony documents (I couldn’t get it to search anything, however–just came up with a spinning wheel).
- Durban is reeling from xenophobic attacks against other African nationals scapegoated for stealing jobs from South Africans.
- U.S. stock futures are down following China’s regulatory change on short-selling.
- Instagram’s new rules: breastfeeding photos are OK, nudes are not.
- The new ‘Star Wars’ trailer is out.
- Beat stress with… sugary drinks?
- Meet Ceres’ north pole.