Here’s some of what I’m reading up on (and listening to) this morning:
- Mother Jones breaks down the many times Bill O’Reilly has embellished the truth about his supposed war-zone reporting.
- At least 10 people are dead, and scores more injured, following a suicide bombing in Somalia.
- Close to 20,000 people sign a petition asking Oklahoma legislators to maintain funding for AP U.S. history; some lawmakers want to get rid of AP U.S. history because of the unsavory parts of, umm, U.S. history.
- A federal judge says that American Express is violating antitrust laws by prohibiting merchants from asking patrons whether they’d like to use another card when paying.
- Slam Break: Bloomberg reports that Apple wants to start producing cars in as little as five years.
- We know the Oscars are really white this year–that’s why Jamilah King’s got you covered with a list of incredible coming-of-age films about youth of color.
- The brain is incredible, especially when it comes it healing itself.