Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- The U.S. expands sanctions against Russia.
- A federal judge rules that California's death penalty is unconstitutional.
- Microsoft is eliminating 18,000 workers over the next year.
- Apple agrees to a $450 million settlement for e-book price fixing.
- Michael Sam's ESPY award speech will give you all the feels.
- Authorities are considering charges against two Florida teens who set an endangered tortoise on fire and then stomped it to death.
- There's a massive crater in SIberia, and no one's really sure how it got there.