Here's what I'm reading up on today:
- Thailand may be in the middle of a coup d'etat, according to the country's military officials who have declared martial law. Human rights groups beg to differ.
- New York City is dealing with a surge in heroin.
- Donald and Shelly Sterling are gearing up for a legal fight against the NBA in order to keep the Clippers. Because suing people is pretty much what they do.
- Actor Michael Jace has reportedly been charged with killing his wife.
- A University of Illinois student has gone missing after checking in at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.
- Chicago may be getting its very own Star Wars museum.
- The aging San Antonio Spurs beat the upstart Oklahoma City Thunder by a lot in the first game of the Western Conference Finals.