Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Syrians head to the polls in what appears to be a sham election.
- During his trip to Europe, Obama reassures European allies.
- Scrutiny over Bowe Bergdahl's father's Twitter account.
- Two 12-year-old girls are being charged as adults for stabbing their friend for "Slender Man," a fictional Internet character.
- Seattle passes a $15 an hour wage ordinance.
- Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride (yes, there's a company called that) are in a bidding war to take Hillshire Brands, which is itself trying to acquire Pinnacle Foods.
- Sony will phase out PSP by the end of this year.
- RiRi sparkles at the fashion designer's awards.
- Donald Sterling faces a lawsuit for sexual harassment and racist slurs.
- E-cigarette ads are reaching children and teens.