Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Claiming he's not a racist, Donald Sterling apologizes that you're hurt and takes the opportunity to criticize Magic Johnson.
- Despite allegations of a sham election, Moscow says it will respect the result of votes to self-rule in two eastern Ukrainian regions.
- Boko Haram releases a video with abducted Nigerian schoolgirls and says it wants to trade them for prisoners.
- Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska are hit by Mother's Day snowstorms.
- Meanwhile, a wildfire destroys 75 homes in Texas.
- The small, ultralight Bebop drone is one you can control with your cell phone. Scary.
- Larry Wilmore is set to replace Steven Colbert. And the show will, umm, be called "The Minority Report."
- The San Francisco Chronicle writes that there was "no hesitation" about networks covering the draft of Michael Sam, who celebrated by "hugging and kissing his partner, another man."
- Cervical cancer rates are higher in black women and older women than previously thought.
- Astronomers may have located one of the sun's siblings.