Here's what I'm catching up on this morning:
- The death toll from the South Korea ferry continues to rise; it's now at 146.
- Sherpa guides walk off the job and its deadly consequences.
- A judge will consider whether to allow Chelsea Manning to change her name to Chelsea Manning.
- The IRS has been paying big bonuses to its own employees who commit fraud, owe back taxes, and more.
- After #MyNYPD backfires on Twitter, the NYPD says it's "creating new ways to communicate effectively with the community." Might I suggest saying hello to black and brown people instead of beating and killing them?
- Albert Pujols hits his 500th homer.
- Lupita Nyong'o: People's most beautiful.
- Monkeys can apparently do basic arithmetic.
- There are 208 confirmed cases of Ebola in Liberia and Guinea; 142 have people have died.