Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this Friday morning:
- Tennessee says it will bring back the electric chair if lethal execution drugs run dry.
- Putin says that he will respect the outcome of Sunday's election in Ukraine.
- Obama is expected to add Julian Castro to his Cabinet.
- Spain gets a rating upgrade from Standard and Poor's.
- New York City health officials are using Yelp to identify possible foodborne illness outbreaks.
- Speaking of which, watch out for E. coli!
- The Duck Dynasty guy is back to confirm that he still hates the gays.
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban simultaneously apologizes and demands an apology for his racism rant.
- The top 10 new species for 2014 include the tremendously cute olinguito.