Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- In Ferguson, 31 people were arrested overnight during a massive show of force from coordinated police and troops on the ground.
- The Federal Aviation Administration bans U.S. flights over Syria due to concerns about anti-aircraft weapons believed to be held by opposition militants.
- The Israeli-Hamas ceasefire is extended 24 hours.
- Guns don't shoot 7-year-old children--grandmothers do.
- Duke Energy spills 5,000 gallons of fuel into the Ohio River.
- Taylor Swift's new video looks pretty shitty.
- The U.N. is urging Ebola-effected countries to screen passengers for the virus at airports.
- The demand for ivory is threatening the survival of elephants in Africa.