Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- At least 206 Palestinians, including at least 39 children, have been killed as a result of Israeli attacks on Gaza. An Israeli was killed by a Palestinian rocket on Tuesday; it was the conflict's first Isreali death.
- At least six people are dead following a massive storm in Manilla that's headed to China next.
- The Ku Klux Klan joins the effort against immigration by handing out candy in South Carolina.
- Rupert Murdoch attempts (and fails) to acquire Time Warner for $80 billion.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission makes civilized changes to its rules for pregnant workers.
- New York's Long Island Rail Road workers could strike as early as Sunday, but Mayor de Blasio is still headed off to a 10-day vacation.
- Are you ready for Jibo, the social robot?
- Comic book icon Archie dies in an alternate timeline today, taking a bullet for his gay best friend.
- Scientists identify the fossil of a giant feathered raptor with four wings.