Here's some of what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Islamic State takes Mosul dam as it pushes into northern Iraq.
- A UN tribunal sentences two of Cambodia's Khmer Rouge leaders to life in prison for crimes against humanity.
- Speaking of war crimes, Isreal's prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, wants the U.S. to help Israel avoid charges.
- A major Homeland Security contractor is hacked, putting government workers' information at risk.
- Two hurricanes may soon strike Hawaii.
- Bank of America agrees to pay a record $16 billion to $17 billion in mortgage-related settlements
- He's so fancy: Obama kinda covers Iggy Azalea's annoying hit.
- A vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of dementia.
- They'll have to wait to find out, but researchers think that type Iax supernovas may result in "zombie stars."