Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on today:
- Employers add more jobs in April than in any other month the last two years.
- Police in Nigeria are trying to obtain more information about the more than 200 girls who were abducted more than two weeks ago.
- Russia warns military action after Ukrainian troops launches an operation in the East.
- More sad news from South Korea, where a subway crashes with a train, injuring some 200 people.
- A 17-year-old is accused of planning a school massacre in Minnesota.
- News Corp is acquiring romance novel publisher Harlequin for $415 million.
- Microsoft finally creates a patch to fix the bug vulnerability for Internet Explorer, even for Windows XP.
- There's a new Michael Jackson song--from 1983:
- Heart disease, cancer, lung disease, stroke and unintentional injuries kill 2/3 of people in the U.S. each year.
- NASA's Curiosity rover takes selfies before test drilling on Mars.