Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Israeli settlers begin "price-tag" attacks against Palestinians for the killing of three settler teens; aside from other violence, at least one Palestinian teen has been abducted and killed.
- The U.S. loses to Belgium at the World Cup, sparking headlines like The New Yorker's "Hail to the Alamo" (yes, seriously).
- Eight Afghan military members are killed following a suicide bomb blast.
- Protestors in California stop busloads of refugee children and other undocumented immigrants from entering their city. Authorities will apparently try again on the Fourth of July.
- ADP says the private sector added 281,000 jobs last month.
- Google acquires Songza for $39 million.
- Beyoncé changes one word in one song and rumors fly about Jay's possible infidelity.
- Painkiller prescriptions rates are drastically different among states.
- Plastic littering is apparently disappearing from the planet's oceans, and no is sure why.