Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Israel continues its strikes against Gaza and is preparing for a possible ground invasion.
- The Obama administration says it wants to expedite the deportation of Central American children.
- Washington becomes the first state to allow the sale of recreational marijuana.
- In a story reminiscent of Jill Abramson and the New York Times (minus the outrage), Jezebel passes Dodai Stewart over for the position of editor-in-chief.
- MIT's FingerReader scans and reads text for the visually impaired.
- Brazil will play Germany in the World Cup semis today--it'll be similar to 2002.
- Bill Gates is backing a remote-controlled contraceptive chip for women that is placed under the skin for 16 years.