Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Good Monday morning! Here's some of the news I'm reading up on:
- Israel calls for a 7-hour truce in some parts of Gaza, but has already killed one child in an airstrike.
- A 6.3 earthquake strikes China, claiming some 400 lives.
- The U.S. paid Latin American youth as little as $5.41 an hour to travel to Cuba and foment rebellion.
- Obama will spend his birthday at the US-Africa Leaders Summit today in DC.
- Water in parts of Ohio and Michigan remains toxic, and boiling it only makes it worse.
- Walmart wants to be the next Amazon, and will be tracking you online to make it happen.
- Google contacts authorities in Texas after finding child porn on a user's personal email account.
- Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj are flawless on this remix.
- Nigeria confirms its second case of ebola--the doctor of U.S. victim Patrick Sawyer who died there last week.