Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Obama authorizes airstrikes against ISIS to protect Yazidis from possible genocide in northern Iraq.
- The truce is over in Gaza and a 10-year-old child is the first victim of new Israeli attacks.
- The World Health Organization declares Ebola an international public health emergency.
- Theodore Wafer is found guilty of three charges in connection with killing unarmed teenager Renisha McBride.
- Montana Senator John Walsh (D) pulls out of the race after plagiarism accusations; there's only a few days left in which to pick a replacement.
- GM is recalling SUVS for a third time, over window switches that can catch on fire.
- Secure websites will get a ranking boost on Google search results.
- A new test predicts whether kidney stones will recur.