Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- As protests and clashes continue, the F.B.I. is opening a civil rights investigation into the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.
- President Obama is welcoming Iraq's new prime minister, appointed by Iraq's president.
- In yet another sign that she's running for president, Hillary Clinton is going after Obama's foreign policy decisions.
- At least one person is dead following flooding in Detroit.
- Uber is essentially launching a political campaign to run a taxi business without those pesky taxi business regulations.
- Gawker admits it has a rape GIFs problem over at Jezebel.
- More than two months after a crash that killed his friend, Tracy Morgan is still recovering.
- The risk of rehospitalization for lupus is one in six--and even higher for people of color.