Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Israel continues to strike Palestine after Hamas rejects a ceasefire proposal it says it wasn't consulted on.
- At least 89 people are dead following a truck suicide bomb in Afghanistan.
- At least 19 people are dead and more than 100 injured following a subway derailment in Moscow.
- A plan to turn California into six states may make it to the 2016 ballot.
- In a massive tobacco merger, Reynolds acquires Lorrilard for $25 billion--Camel, Newport, Pall Mall, American Spirit and more will all be owned by one company.
- Morgan Stanley predicts Apple's iWatch will cost $300 and that it will sell 30 to 60 million of them; but there are still lots of questions about its potential design.
- Tracy Morgan is still recovering from a deadly car crash in which he was critically injured, and speaks out to paparazzi for the first time since.
- The Iroquois Nationals beat Australia 12-10 at the World Lacrosse Championship.
- At least 603 people have died since February from the ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.
- Did you miss the supermoon? You'll get a chance to see it again in August and September.