Here's some of what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Unrest in Ferguson enters its fifth day since Michael Brown's shooting, as police arrest at least 16 people, including two journalists and an alderman.
- Obama may be sending ground troops to Iraq after all.
- Brazilian socialist presidential candidate Eduardo Campos is killed in a plane crash.
- Voters in California will decide on a $7.5 million water bond in November.
- Wal-Mart's sales disappoint and the retailer cuts its annual profit outlook.
- A new app called Spring will supposedly make online shopping more fun and beautiful.
- Five years after the pop star's death, there's a new Michael Jackson video out.
- Pass the salt? Your heart may thank you for it.
- The massive arapaima, an Amazonian fish that can weight up to 500 pounds, may soon go extinct due to overfishing.