Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- House majority leader Eric Cantor, who spent $5 million on his primary race, loses to tea partier David Brat, who spent $300,000.
- Half a million Iraqis flee Mosul after Sunni insurgents seize the city.
- A California judge strikes down teacher protections.
- Expedia is now accepting Bitcoin as payment.
- Google acquires Skybox, a satellite imaging firm, for $500 million.
- ICYMI: Lil' Kim gives birth to a baby named Royal Reign.
- World Cup host country president Dilma defends massive spending for the event.
- Consuming red meat may or may not be tied to breast cancer.
- Researchers want to know what ate this great white shark.