Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up this morning:
- Oklahoma death row inmate Clayton Lockett dies after a botched execution attempt.
- Thai voters will head to the polls in July for a new election.
- At least one person is dead following floods in Florida and Alabama; Florida's governor declares a state of emergency.
- After he's banned for life from the NBA, how easy will it be to get Sterling to sell the Clippers?
- Last week it was money transfers; now Wal-Mart is also selling car insurance.
- Two MIT students raise funds to give every undergrad $100 in Bitcoin (try not to roll your eyes when the host asks whether the plan is a "girl magnet.")
- The new Star Wars cast features only one woman.
- Julianne Hing has photos up of Clippers fans outside the Staples Center in Los Angeles yesterday.
- The World Health Organization says the post-antibiotic era is at hand.