Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Michael Brown's shooter has been identified as Darren Wilson.
- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Malaki steps down.
- Pope Francis continues his trip to Korea, where he prays for the victims of the ferry accident.
- The Panama Canal turns 100.
- Robin Wiliams's widow reveals that her husband had been diagnosed with Parkinson's before taking his life.
- Two Amish sisters ages six and 12 are found safe after an apparent abduction in upstate New York.
- Is Amazon the new Ministry of Truth? George Orwell's executor thinks so after the retail giant publishes a letter full of doublespeak.
- Samsung acquires SmarthThings for around $200 million.
- Downton Abbey's new promotional ad accidentally features a plastic bottle.
- Rob Manfred is Major League Baseball's new commissioner.
- The WHO says the Ebola outbreak may be "vastly underestimated."