Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm catching up on this morning (especially the simulated universe video!):
- Some 300 Nigerians are massacred by Boko Haram in a crowded market.
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's lawyers argue to suppress his statements to police, given while he was drugged and asking for a lawyer.
- A large blast destroys a hotel and other structures in Aleppo.
- Barclay's, the ostensibly good bank, will cut nearly 20,000 jobs and create an internal bad bank.
- Google, Facebook, Amazon and others pen a letter to the FCC calling for net neutrality.
- ABC, CNN and others credit Ramaa Mosley for creating #BringBackOurGirls (she didn't).
- Global warming means our grains may soon be less nutritious.
- This computer model of the universe is pretty amazing: