Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's some news I'm reading up on this morning:
- There's actually a panel on Benghazi organized by preoccupied Republicans, and Democrats don't actually know whether they'll attend it.
- "Experts" from the UK and US arrive in Nigeria. Speaking of experts, the problem of representation in some of the #BringBackOurGirls branding.
- Putin arrives in Crimea for a V-Day Parade as clashes in Ukraine continue.
- People in Arkansas and Texas are cleaning up after severe storms.
- Apple is set to acquire Dr. Dre's Beats for $3.2 billion (yes, billion).
- Snapchat acknowledges that those photos you've been sending don't exactly go away forever.
- Jada Pinkett Smith defends Willow Smith's photo with Moisés Arias, calling the media "covert perverts."
- Consumer Reports confirms that too many hospitals unnecessarily use C-sections to deliver babies.
- Lebanon confirms its first MERS case.
- Electronics and AM signals interfere with birds' ability to navigate.