Illustration: Robert Trujillo
Here's what I'm reading up on this morning:
- Israel continues to bombard Gaza. But be careful what you read; ABC's Diane Sawyer tells her audience that Palestinian victims are actually Israelis.
- Argentina beats the Netherlands to claim a spot in the World Cup final on Sunday.
- Obama visits Texas but not the southern border. Meanwhile, Rick Perry calls the humanitarian situation on the border "Obama's Katrina."
- Jobless claims fall again--and more than expected.
- Harley-Davidson recalls 66,421 touring motorcycles for front break trouble.
- The Emmy Awards announces its (almost all white) nominees.
- FIFA bans Nigeria over government intervention.
- 80 percent of adults with serious mental illnesses are unemployed.
- Berkeley's city council approves a plan to provide free medical marijuana to the poor.
- Why are hellbender salamanders disappearing?