Here's what I'm reading up on this Friday morning:
- The City of New York settles with the wrongfully convicted Central Park Five for $40 million.
- Obama will send as many as 300 military advisors to Iraq to assess the situation with ISIS (or ISIL).
- A U.N. refugee agency report indicates that more than 50 million people were displaced in 2013.
- Oil is trading at a nine-month high this morning over escalating violence and uncertainty in Iraq.
- Harley-Davidson reveals its first electric motorcycle.
- Colombia wins against Ivory Coast in the World Cup and celebrates beautifully.
- 11-year old Lucy Li likes ice cream and plays a mean game of golf.
- The C.D.C. is monitoring and treating up to 75 people who may have unintentionally been exposed to anthrax at a government lab.
- Fish-eating spiders all over the world bite the neck of fish twice their size, drag them to land and devour them.